How to add a MX Record in cPanel using DNS Zone Editor?
A mail exchanger record (MX record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System that specifies a mail server responsible for accepting email messages. You can add a "MX Record" using the cPanel"s Zone Editor option.
1. Log into your cPanel account. (eg: www.example.com/cPanel )
2. In the "Domains" section, click on the "Zone Editor" Icon.
Under "Domains", you can see many options below the "Actions" text.
3. Click on the "MX Record" and a small window will open. Enter the required details in it.
Priority: The MX record you use for mail routing should have the lowest preference number, typically 0. You can use 0 for your mail routing record, and 10 for the record validating that you own your domain.
Destination: Enter the domain name of your Mail Exchange. If you use an external mail server, enter the domain name of the external mail server. Alternatively, if you use a local mail server, enter your local domain.
Now click the "Add a MX Record" button.
If the record is added successfully, you will see a success message. The DNS propagation can take up to 24 hours.
Note: It may take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours for the changes to take effect worldwide.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
1. Log into your cPanel account.2. In the "Files" section, click on "File Manger" Icon. 3....
1. Log into your cPanel account. 2. In the "Files" section, click on "File Manger" Icon. 3....
If you want to receive a cronjob error or notification, you can update your e-mail address from...
You can edit or remove MX Record from cPanel using the cPanel DNS Zone Editor which allows you to...
You can edit or remove CNAME Record from cPanel using the cPanel DNS Zone Editor which allows you...